Monday, January 28, 2013

You Are Special c:

For anyone that has not read this book I feel very sorry for you. This book has such a strong message involved that every time I read it it makes me want to just sit there and cry. For those of you who have not read this book, let me explain it to you.
This book is about a town were Wemmicks lived, they were wooden people created by a man named Eli who lived on top of the hill. The Wemmicks spent their days sticking gold stars or gray dots on each other. If you were beautiful or had a talent you would receive a gold star. But if you had no talents and wasn't all that great looking you would receive a gray dot. One Wemmick especially received gray dots. His name was Punchinello, all he got was gray dots and he was tired of it. One day he met a girl named Lucia who had no dots or stars at all, she explained that it was because she met with Eli to talk everyday and she had learned not to care about what the other Wemmicks thought because she knew Eli loved her. So Punchinello went and visited Eli and Eli said that it didn't matter what the others thought about him. He said, "All that matters is what I think. And I think you are pretty special." Then Punchinello asked, "Me, special? Why? I can't walk fast I can't jump. My paint is peeling. Why do I matter to you?" And that is when Eli replied with the best answer anyone could possibly give, "Because you're mine. That's why you matter to me."
This book has so much meaning in it and you can relate it to the love of God. He made us and that's why we are special. We are special to him because we are his. Eventually in the story Punchinello stopped caring what the other Wemmicks thought of him and from then on the dots didn't stick and neither did the stars and Punchinello was just happy to be himself.
The Wemmicks are a good example of what society is like today. Although it is not a physical thing we do we are always sticking stars and dots on people. They shouldn't be judged on what they can and can't do, that isn't fair because everyone is unique and special in their own way. And people need to be told everyday that they are special. If I could, I would tell everyone in this world every single day that they are special.
I keep this book by my bed because I like to read it whenever I can. Also when I see the title it reminds me that I am special and that God/Eli does love me c; And I am special because I am his.

And you are special too! Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment