Friday, December 28, 2012

No Regrets

No Regrets is a book idea I came up with around August-October. I had started reading a lot of book about life. About people who have a hard time but in the end things always turn out ok. For example: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Broken Soup, Thirteen Reasons Why, The Summer I Learned to Fly, Defining Dulcie, Other Words for Love and Speak. Those kind of books are the only kind I read now.
I love reading books that can relate to people more, books about things that could really happen. I loved finishing a book like that and being totally blown away with how amazing it was. So I decided to write a book like it. But of course when I write a book I just write with out much of a plan and the story changes. No Regrets is something that could actually happen with twists and a bit of mystery. Even before I started writing it I knew the main character would look like my sister, Jalyssa, so I did a photo shoot with her and only the best got picked as the cover photo! I want to try and traditionally publish this one, so hopefully I  can keep the cover art!
No Regrets is about a sixteen-seventeen year old girl named Capri Duvall, in the beginning of the book she finds out her best friend, Adalia Bay, has just committed suicide. Capri knows the reason why Adalia did it but she is afraid to tell anyone, especially Adalia's family, because Capri doesn't want to ruin anything between Adalia's mother and step dad. Adalia's brother has a lot to do with the suicide, when Capri starts to decide to tell Adalia's mother Adalia's step brother, Joshua, threatens her. To add to all that, Capri's little sister, Naiara, has cancer AND Capri's long lost brother, Daniel, starts entering her mind again. Capri has to put aside her fears and tell Adalia's family about what happened. She has so much weighing on her shoulders and just has to get through it all.
I have loved writing No Regrets, the writing has gotten farther then I thought it would. I am on page... 80 I think. It was written fast too. Maybe it just seems like that because I struggled on my first book. But yeah! Just thought I would write about No Regrets so you could get more of an idea about what it is about :) Now for just a little more information I think I will answer Blog-Hop questions :)

1. What is the working title for your book?

A: No Regrets. I titled it No Regrets because when Adalia would talk Capri into thing she would always say, "Capri, I am not going to make you do this, but think to the future when we are ninety years old and rotting and you think back and say 'that was the best memory ever.' No regrets, Capri, no regrets." Adalia didn't want any regrets in her life and Capri doesn't either. Since Adalia can no longer live the rest of her life Capri has to break free all of Adalia's regrets.

2. Where did the idea for the book come from?

A: Like I said earlier, other books I have read.

3. What genre does your book fall under?

A: Non- fiction. 

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

A: I imagine my characters as real people I know and I don't know of any actors/actresses that could play the parts perfectly. Look like the people the characters are based of are not only in a book they will be in a movie too xD

5. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

A: I don't think I can explain it in one sentence. Refer to the first paragraph xD

6 .Will your be self-published, represented by an agency, or published through an indie publisher? (Or How do you plan to have your book published?)

A: Like I said, I want it to be represented by an agency :)

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

A: I have no idea because it's not done being written :D

8. What other books would you compare this story to with in your genre?

A: Oh gosh, I don't know it's not like any other book I have ever read. Each book is unique in its own way!

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

A: Like I said before, I just really like these kind of books so I decided I would finally write one!

11. What else about your book might grab the readers attention?

A: I would have to say how its written. Not meaning to brag, but I think this book has pretty darn good description :D Haha 

If you would like to check No Regrets out click here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/2441687-no-regrets







No comments:

Post a Comment